Talisay-Tagaytay Road, 1945 - Batangas History, Culture and Folklore

Talisay-Tagaytay Road, 1945

The photograph below of the road from the Tagaytay Ridge to the small lakeside town of Talisay in Batangas is taken from the 1948 book “The Angels: A History of the 11th Airborne Division, 1943-1946.” It was written by Major Edward M. Flanagan Jr.

The photo’s caption in the book was “Talisay road from Tagaytay Ridge to Talisay, constructed by the 127th Engineers. This road rose 2,167 feet in 3.8 miles.” (The engineering unit was the 127th Engineering Battalion.)
Road to Talisay
The steeply climbing Talisay-Tagaytay Road, built 1945.
The picture has been processed using graphics editing software to improve quality and then colorized courtesy of Algorithmia.

Notes and references:
Extracted from the book “The Angels: A History of the 11th Airborne Division, 1943-1946,” by Major Edward M. Flanagan, Jr., published 1948 in the United States.

Related Posts