The Gagalac Guerrilla Group was one of the groups operating in Batangas that was given official recognition by the United States Army after World War II. In this 12 August 1947 document1, Capt. R. E. Cantrell issues a memo recognizing casualties of the Gagalac Guerrilla Organization for claims for arrears in pay and allowances due their estates.
OFFICE OF THE COMMANDING GENERAL
|GSCPI 091 PI
12 AUG 1947
: Recognition of Guerrilla Casualties
: Chief of Staff
Army of the Philippines
Camp Murphy, Quezon City
1. The enclosed casualty roster, Killed in Action, Killed in Line of Duty, of the Gagalac Guerrilla Unit, has been investigated.
2. This roster, consisting of two (2) pages and containing the names of eleven (11) individuals, is approved. The period of recognition for each individual will extend from the date of induction or the date the unit was recognized, whichever is later, to the date the individual died, both dates inclusive. In cases where individuals enter a casualty status prior to the recognition date of the unit, their period of recognition will be the date entered a casualty status only.
3. It is requested that the names and ranks of these individuals be inserted on the unit roster of the Gagalac Guerrilla Unit, by the issuance of appropriate orders.
4. All data contained herein are furnished on the sworn statement of the recognized guerrilla leader. They are accepted as official data upon which payments of arrears in pay may be adjudicated unless official documents in conflict therewith are later provided this headquarters to prove otherwise.
5. Upon receipt from legal heirs for a claim of arrears in pay and allowances due their estates, authority for settlement thereof under existing laws and procedures will be furnished your headquarters by the Director, Recovered Personnel Division, this headquarters.
6. This roster will constitute the only official recognized casualty roster, Killed in Action, Killed in Line of Duty, of the Gagalac Guerrilla Unit.
ASSISTANT ADJUTANT GENERAL
Killed in Action,
Killed in Line of Duty,
Gagalac Guerrilla Unit.