PART I | PART II
1. Marriage must be done when the moon is becoming big so that the couple will have long lives.
2. Marriage must be held at the beginning of the year so that the couple will have a good living.
3. Rice is thrown at the couple so that they will earn money easily.
4. Calamay is offered to the couple as they arrive from church so that they will be sweet to each other.
5. The woman’s veil is put over the shoulder of the man so that the man will always help the woman in shouldering a task.
1. When the dead is soft, somebody in the family will follow.
2. Persons left in the house should not look out of the window when the dead is taken down from the house so that nobody will follow.
3. Do not sweep in the house unless four days passed or else somebody will follow.
4. Do not file the plates together in washing the dishes for the first nine days so that there will be none to follow.
5. Fresh vegetables are not cooked or eaten for the first nine days or else the dead will always be fresh.
6. Dead bodies are watched overnight.
7. Some money is given to the dead.
8. Parents, sons, daughters, relatives and benefactors mourn for at least one year.
9. Preparations for [a] feasts during the 4th, 9th, 40th day, and for the first year are held.
2. Cigars and cigarettes brought during the burial should all be consumed in the cemetery.
3. The feet of the dead should be ahead in going down the stairs or else someone in the family will follow.
4. Tears should not fall onto the dead so that the soul of the dead will not have any hardships.
12. Popular songs, games, amusements -
The popular songs in the barrio are the kundimans.
a. Huling Awit
b. Ibong Sawi
c. Bayan Kong Pilipinas
d. Dalagang Filipina
e. Anak ng Dalita
g. Magbalik ka Giliw
The popular games are:
The popular amusements are:
d. Horse riding
13. Puzzles, Riddles
Lama’y lisay. (papaya)
Parang kamalig. (kawayan)
Puti ang tuka. (tuba)
Papel na verde
Nasulat ay babae. (ekmo)
14. Proverbs and Sayings:
s. Di lahat ng araw ay iyo.
t. Ang sisi ay sa bandang huli.u. Di lahat ng nabibilanggo
15. Methods of measuring time:
The methods of measuring time in this barrio are:
2. Songs of birds as doves, pigeons and crows of roosters.
16. Other folktales.
PART III OTHER INFORMATION
17. There are no books and documents treating of the Philippines in the barrio.
18. There are no authors in the community.
(MRS.) MAXIMA D. MACATNAGAY
PART I | PART II