February 1, 2018

Executive Order No. 110 Series of 1914 Reserving Land in Wawa, Nasugbu for Lighthouse Purposes

The present day lighthouse at barrio Wawa in Nasugbu.  Image source:  Google Earth Street View.
The present day lighthouse at barrio Wawa in Nasugbu.  Image source:  Google Earth Street View.
In 1914, the American colonial government reserved specifically for use for lighthouse purposes a parcel of land in barrio Wawa in the western Batangas town of Nasugbu. This was by way of an executive order1 dated 30 November 1914.

The contents of the executive order are provided below, with scans of the source documents in both English and Spanish further down the page.
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS,
EXECUTIVE BUREAU.

MANILA, November 30, 1914.

EXECUTIVE ORDER
NO 110.


Pursuant to the provisions of Act Numbered Six hundred and forty-eight, Philippine Commission, entitled “An Act authorizing the Governor—General to reserve for civil public purposes and from sale or settlement, any part of the public domain not appropriated by law for special public purposes, until otherwise directed by law, and extending the provisions of Act Numbered Six hundred and twenty—seven so that public lands desired to be reserved by the Insular Government for public uses, or private lands desired to be purchased by the Insular Government for such uses, may be brought under the operation of the Land Registration Act,” I hereby reserve for lighthouse purposes and withdraw from sale or settlement the following-described parcel of public domain in the barrio of Wawa, municipality of Nasugbu, Province of Batangas, Island of Luzon, to wit:

Beginning at point marked 1 on plan In-128, N. 39º 43' W. 1,537.07 m. from B. L. L. M. No. 1, Nasugbu, thence S. 55º 19' W. 22.0 m to point 2; N. 35º 10' W. 22.2 m. to point 3; N. 54º 04' E. 22.42 m. to point 4; S. 34º 22' E. 22.69 m. to point 1, point of beginning.



Containing 497 square meters.

All points are marked by P. L. S./B. L. concrete monuments.

Bounded on northeast, southeast and northwest, by property of Antonio Rojas; on southwest, by beach.

Bearings true. Declination 0° 19' E.

Points referred to marked on plan In-128.

Surveyed April 3, 1914. Approved September 5, 1914-

NOTE. — Inside C. L. R. Case No. 102.

Sgd.:

FRANCIS BURTON HARRISON,
Governor-General.
Below are scans of the source documents in both English and Spanish.
Executive Order series of 1914, English version.
Executive Order series of 1914, English version.
Executive Order series of 1914, English version, continued.
Executive Order series of 1914, Spanish version.
Executive Order series of 1914, Spanish version.

↓ Scroll down to the bottom of this page to leave a comment.

Notes and references:
1Executive Orders Nos. 1-133 (1914),” online at the Internet Archive.

🙏 Kindly consider sharing this article on your social media accounts to keep this site free for students and lovers of Batangas History.

If you wish to make a donation to Batangas History, click on the Donate button below: