c/o Fleet Post Office
San Francisco, Calif.
|To:||Commander-in-Chief, U.S. Fleet|
Commander Task Unit 78.2.3|
Commander Task Group 78.2
Commander Task Force 78
Commander Task Force 76
Commander Seventh Fleet
(a) Article 874(6), U.S. Navy Reg. 1920|
(b) Com7Phip.Conf. Str. FE 25/A16-3 ser. 0212 of February 1944.
Action Report-Nasugbu Bay, Luzon, P.I.|
1. Left anchorage at 0745, 27 January 1945 in compliance with orders, proceeded to prearranged point.
2. Proceeded according to operational orders 1-45, at 1800 27 January 1945.
3. All operations orders carried out in accordance with plans and this date, 1130, 1 February 1945 anchored in Mangarin Bay, Mindoro, P.I.
4. Total number of Army units aboard 171 Men and 7 Officers.
5. Unit carried on board, 11th Airborne Div, 187th Infantry Para Glider, HDQ 1st Bn. less Detachment HDQ 2nd Bn.
stands for Landing Craft Infantry” Large. Wikipedia.
2 LCI(L)-958 - Rep of ops in the assault landing at Nasugbu, Luzon Is, Philippines, 1/31/45,” online at the United States National Archives.