The Golden Regiment was one of the sub-elements of the Blue Eagle Brigade operating in Batangas during the Japanese occupation and the subsequent liberation period. One of its smaller units, the 4th Battalion, filed its own application with the United States Army seeking official recognition as an element of the Philippine Army in the service of the Armed Forces of the United States. In this page is a transcription1 of a short history of this unit which accompanied the application for official recognition.
4th BATTALION GOLDEN REGIMENT
of the unit was made with the intention of giving a more coordinated command inasmuch as Lemery, a nearby town of Calaca, belonged to the same division. Beginning 1 February 1945, this organization took commands from Lt. Col. EDUARDO C. VILLADOLID, the Regimental Commander of the Golden Regiment.
1st Lt., Inf. (PA)
Notes and references:
1 “4th Bn, Golden Regt, Malakas Div, Blue Eagle Brigade,” File No. 213-11, online at PVAO.