Certification of the Licopa Unit’s Attachment to the 158th RCT, March 1945 - Batangas History, Culture and Folklore

Certification of the Licopa Unit’s Attachment to the 158th RCT, March 1945

The Licopa Guerrilla Unit was a guerrilla outfit under the command of one Luis Licopa and operated out of Lemery, Batangas. In this March 1945 document, officers of the 158th Regimental Combat Team provide a certification of the Licopa Guerrilla Unit’s attachment to the RCT.

[p. 1]
Guerrilla Files jpeg
HEADQUARTERS
158th RCT – A.P.O. #75

28 March 1945


TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

This is to certify that LUIS H. LICOPA, Captain and Commander of “GLINT” Headquarters and his entire company has been attached to our Headquarters during our operation in the Batangas campaign. During this time, for a period of three weeks, this outfit has performed outstanding duties in aiding in the liberation of the Philippines. The officers of the Glint have shown every part of leadership and by their outstanding characters have set a very high standard for their men. These men deserve any praise ever due to an organization, any aid for their future work will be appreciated greatly.

(Sgd) CARL P. DENT
2nd Lieut. Provost
Marshal, 158th RCT
(Sgd) ELMER M. LUND
Capt, Hq
RCT
(Sgd) ROBERT ELIEDEN
Major, USA
S-2


A TRUE COPY:

[Sgd.] LUIS H. LICOPA
Captain, Inf.


Notes and references:
1 File Number 50, Licopa Unit (GLINT), downloaded from Philippine Veteran Association Office.

Related Posts